Jeb Golinkin is a trial lawyer who takes pride in every aspect of his practice, but he especially enjoys fighting for his clients in the courtroom. Since graduating from The University of Texas School of Law in 2013, he has become experienced in all aspects of the litigation process, from pre-lawsuit counseling through trial.
Jeb has served as the lead trial lawyer in a successful commercial arbitration trial and obtained numerous favorable jury verdicts as a volunteer prosecutor for the City of Houston. He is an effective writer and advocate, and has successfully briefed and argued numerous motions in state and federal courts, including ranging from discovery to dispositive motions.
Before joining Jordan, Lynch & Cancienne, Jeb worked as a trial associate at Andrews Kurth, LLP. Prior to that, he served as a law clerk to United States District Judge James R. Nowlin in the Austin Division of the Western District of Texas. During this time, he served as Judge Nowlin’s Briefing Attorney on cases involving subjects such as securities fraud, insider trading, the constitutionality of regulations concerning online gambling, allegations of unlawful retaliation, and questions involving matters of complex contractual interpretation. Jeb’s experience working for Judge Nowlin enables him to provide valuable insights into the judiciary system and weigh-in on complex issues that his current clients face in litigation.
Jeb approaches every challenge with efficiency in mind. His aggressive, get-it-done attitude has been an invaluable asset at the trial-focused practice of JLC.
University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2013
Associate Editor, The Review of Litigation
Dean’s Award for highest grade in Constitutional Law
Interscholastic Mock Trial Team
Colgate University, cum laude, 2010
Andrews Kurth, LLP (2015-2018)
Law Clerk to United States District Judge James R. Nowlin; Austin, Texas (2013-2015)
- Representation of publicly traded company in lawsuit against its largest competitor and its former founder and Chief Executive Officer.
- Representation of YETI Coolers in putative class action in which YETI was accused of engaging in false and fraudulent trade practices.
Breach of Contract
- Representation of an oilfield services company in an action for breach of contract brought by Unifirst Corporation concerning the alleged breach of a multi-year uniform rental contract.
- Representation of a Texas based healthcare company in breach of contract/fraudulent inducement lawsuit against California based technology company and its founder/Chief Executive Officer.
- Representation of a large valve manufacturer in lawsuit brought by Dresser-Rand alleging tortious interference and theft of trade secrets.
- Representation of Texas Construction Company in lawsuit brought by former President and CFO of subsidiary.
- Representation of a large cable television network in defending a trademark infringement suit brought by a Fortune 10 company regarding logo design infringement.
- Representation of a large homebuilder in defending against claims of copyright infringement of architectural designs for duplex townhomes involving complex issues relating to substantial similarity and the extent of copyright protection afforded to derivative works.
- Representation of managed care companies in litigation to recover overpayments made to hospitals based upon fraud, improper billing practices, and illegal kickbacks to referring physicians.
Fishing with Landmines: Healthcare Fraud and the Civil False Claims Act—Where We Are, How We Got Here, and the Case for More Trials, 40 Am. J. Crim. L. 301 (2013)
TheWeek.com, Columnist, (November 2012-September 2013)
FrumForum.com, Senior Editor and Reporter (June 2009-January 2012)
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Houston Young Lawyers Association, Board of Directors (2016-2018)
Houston Lawyer Referral Service, Board of Directors (2016-2018)
Houston Bar Association
Federal Bar Association