Brittainie J. Zinsmeyer is not one to shy away from challenges and understands the importance of getting in the trenches with clients to help get them through some of their most difficult times. An associate at the firm, Brittainie focuses her practice on commercial litigation, including construction and insurance matters.
Prior to joining Jordan, Lynch & Cancienne, she spent two years as a law clerk for United States District Judge David Hittner in the Southern District of Texas, where she analyzed motions, drafted opinions, and conducted research on a variety of legal issues. During her clerkship, Brittainie had the opportunity to work on over fifteen jury trials. Her experience provided her with a unique look into the jury system and federal trial procedure, which she now uses to assist her clients.
Brittainie is a magna cum laude graduate of the University of Houston Law Center and earned her Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Sociology from the University of Texas at Austin. During her time as a law student, she served as Notes and Comments Editor for the Houston Law Review, competed for the Interscholastic Mock Trial Team, worked as a research assistant and tutor for several law professors, and interned for the Honorable John Donovan in the Fourteenth Court of Appeals.
Before beginning her career in law, Brittainie was a special education teacher for Conroe Independent School District and Beeville Independent School District. She also taught seventh grade math and eighth grade science at San Diego Independent School District. In addition to teaching, she coached both school and club sports, including volleyball, basketball, and track.
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 2019
- Honors and Activities:
- Order of the Coif
- Order of the Barristers
- Houston Law Review, Notes and Comments Editor (Board 56)
- Interscholastic Mock Trial Team
- 2018–2019 Advocates Executive Chair
- LEX Award in Constitutional Law (highest grade)
- 2019 Distinguished Service Award
- Honors and Activities:
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A. in Psychology and Sociology, 2009
- Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable David Hittner, U.S. District Judge, Southern District of Texas, Houston, TX (2019–2021)
- Fit to Play in the NBA? Reconciling the NBA Collective Bargaining Agreement with the Americans with Disabilities Act (with Jessica Roberts), 166 U. Pa. L. Rev. Online 147 (2017).
- Member of the State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association